Salems13ghosts – Blackjack is the only game in a casino from which the player can gain an advantage over the casino. When playing blackjack in a land-based casino, the player can see the cards being dealt from a fully operating table and can therefore determine the probability of the next card as well. However, in an online casino, the computer software is used to determine the probability of the next card and the result is not broadcasted to the player. Therefore, players are unable to determine the quality of the hands other players are holding.
In order to combat this, smart blackjack players have developed strategies to become more involved with the game and, in fact, to beat the house. There are many diverse strategies, but the Martingale Strategy, used in the basic blackjack strategy, is fundamental to the modern classic blackjack strategy.
The Martingale Strategy is a very simple idea. To be more accurate, it is the product of an 18th century French mathematician, Jean le Rond du Romeo, who devised a rather rudimentary system for betting on even money outcomes. Because the casino has an edge in the game, the Martingale strategy is designed to minimize the casino’s advantage and maximize the player’s chances of winning.
The basis for the Martingale strategy is the aim of beating the house at all costs – no matter what the odds are. In fact, the strategy is designed to make the casino lose all of their money and not necessarily win as well. Therefore, parties are agreed to bet even money outcomes rather than the more traditional even money outcomes.
It is a bit complex to explain in one article, so we will go into a few details of the strategy in another article. For the moment, let’s examine the steps of the Martingale strategy to give you a better understanding of the strategy and the steps that are necessary for you to adopt it.
• Your first bet is the Deposit Strategy, which puts up a bet to gamble with. You must risk an amount of money that you can afford to lose, and of course, this amount should be equal to the deposit you make for your first bet.
• The next step is to increase the size of your bet, once you have won the previous round. This exciting idea of the Martingale strategy is counter intuitive to many people. However, when applied correctly, the strategy works.
• Larger bets can be placed after a winning round, when you know that the house has a lower edge and your chances are better. This is when you want to bet the largest amount of money.
• The Limit Bet Strategy works when the house edge is higher and the free odds bet is higher. It is sometimes called the ‘remipoker bet’ and ‘goals bet’.
• The Call Bet Strategy works when the house has a higher edge and the free odds bet is higher. It is sometimes called the ‘odds bet’, the ‘even money bet’, or the ‘house edge bet’.
• The Combination Strategy is one of the most complex strategies for beating blackjack. It is not effective for beating the house without employ specific card counting methods. It is, however, very effective for beating a particular dealer.
The Martingale system is by far the most widely used and most frequently implemented betting and casino betting strategies. It has been around since the 18th century and is quoted as the ‘insurance policy’ for those who like the game of baccarat.
As with any strategy, the Martingale system is not effective for all players. It only works if you follow the guidelines that are outlined in the strategy, the same as any other successful betting or gambling strategy. The Martingale system is simple in its concept but not for its implementation. You have to study the steps for each round of play carefully and make sure you bet the size of your pot for each subsequent betting round. Players who try to implement the Martingale system for some other strategy like for instance, roulette, and these players almost always fail.
If you use the Martingale system in roulette and you increase your initial bet and then start to decrease it, this is actually a sign that you are starting to lose. Thus, if you keep losing, the situation might continue for some time, and then you have to increase your bet again so that you can have a better chance of winning and recovering your losses. Martingale system is not the right strategy for every kind of game, stays in the roulette for instance, because the odds for the numbers to come out is at around 47%! Therefore, even if you increase the bet, it can easily backfire.
Why might it backfire? Well, the explanation is that most players increase their bet when they are in the winning state, i.e. when they have double their money.